Sunday, January 18, 2009

Siemen's SE567 is the worst gateway

So I've been using this POS gateway for over half a year and I am fed up with it. I originally got this router when I signed up for the Telus Enhanced Internet (or something like that). Sign-up isn't really correct actually because I was already with Telus, but they were having a promotion and I wanted in because it was so cheap. Anyways, at the time I was already using a gateway from 2wire. A good gateway with no real problems.

So when I get my internet upgraded I was told I didn't have to do anything because I already had a gateway and I should just keep using the internet. So when it was upgraded the day they said it would be, my internet connection became SUPER SLOW. WTF? You call this enhanced speed? So I figured it might a gateway problem so I decided to switch to the SE567 POS gateway. Instantly, things went really quick and I was like good solved that problem.

Only a few days later, I suddenly became unable to connect to the wireless internet. It appeared once the wireless internet was encrypted, my vista laptop would no longer be able to connect. No other computers had problems. All my XPs, and Linux machines no problems. Only vista computers had problem.

So I literally resorted to using cable and stealing...no wait...borrowing wireless from my neighbours. This worked for a bit until my neighbours wireless started disappearing or I was just wasn't able to connect to it. So I finally decided to stop procasinating with the issue and try to tackle the problem once and for all.

I read article after article about trying to solve this problem and then tried solution after solution...none of which worked. Pissed off I just decided to switch back to my old router in hopes that the old speed problem wouldn't suffice. And once I did, the internet speed was fine and more importantly I could connect to the internet!!!!

So just some conclusions:


  1. I really don't know what caused the problem. Could be Vista, the router itself, the encryption (no encryption lead to no problem with access), ethernet hardware which in term means DELL because all the vista laptops were Dell...too many factors

  2. Siemen's SE567 gateway is a POS

No comments: