Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bell Receiver Volume

Recently my Bell Receiver broke down due, and I had to move my upstairs receiver downstairs. The upstairs receiver was an older model, 2700, but it was no problem installing it and it worked fine.

Only problem was the bloody volume was so slow regardless of how high I pressed it. I was literally at the max, yet I could barely hear a thing the people on the television were saying. So frustrated with this, I decided to do some digging and I found out in the System Setup Menu there was an option called volume control.

Once in that menu there were two more options:

  1. TV remote volume control

  2. Receiver remote volume control



It was originally on receiver remote volume control so I moved it to the TV remote volume control option and bam my TV volume literally blew my ears away. I don't really know what the difference is, but the whole time I was just adjusting the receiver's volume which was then translating it to TV volume. But now I just directly modifying the TV volume.

I lost the manual so I can't confirm this, but hey it works right?

No comments: